I bought a lot of fabric at the january sales at Stoff og Stil. A brocade-like fabric in dark purple and petrol ended up as a simple a-line skirt. I hate hemming, so instead I trimmed the edge with a narrow grey lace ribbon, and completed the work with a little flower made of the same ribbon.
A bit wonky... but cute. When I ironed the finished work I discovered that one arm was much wider at the neck than the other. I have no idea how that happened (well - it might have something to do with my multitasking during knitting...: ) I used babywool and (slightly altered) pattern from Dalegarn.
August has started with solid foods, and since about one third of every portion ends up somewhere else than in his mouth, bibs are needed. Many bibs. These are made of a soft stretch jersey, in two layers. The pattern is just copied from another bib.
August is now 4 1/5 months, and the toys are starting to mount up. Storage was needed. I made this basket (matching the quilt I made last summer) out of two different fabrics and thick vlieseline, one round (19 cm diam.) and one square (30x57 cm) bit. I ironed the vlieseline to the outer fabric, sewed the short ends of the square together and then sewed the round bit on the bottom. I did the same with the lining, exept left a few centimeters for turning the finished work. Then, I sewed the tops together, turned through the hole in the lining, and closed the hole with a seam on the right side (this is in the bottom of the basket, so it doesn't show). I have cut fabrics for a second one - but haven't had time to mount it yet.